u The Main Dish: Rocker Dish?

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Rocker Dish?

I have always wanted to be a true rocker chick and not just a poser who looks great in an AC/DC tanktop and black leather jacket. Thus, I decided that I would learn to play the guitar. Well, so far, not so good. I have in my possession a guitar and a book with all the chords. Last night, I decided to teach myself to play. It started out ok. I managed to get the guitar tuned. I figure this is a good first step! Then, the attempt to learn a C chord. Well, I can put my fingers in the right place and when I play each string separately, everything sounds fine. But, when I try to play all the strings together, somehow I end up with that dull bad vibrating stringy sound. What am I doing wrong? Am I not pushing hard enough on the strings? There was practically blood flowing out of them! Are my fingers too fat? Do they interfere with the playing? I doubt that the solution to fat guitar fingers is as easy as the one for fat phoning fingers. ("The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special dialing wand, please mash the keypad with your palm now.") I also doubt that the guitar's owner would be impressed if I "mashed" the guitar in anyway. Sigh. Is my dream of being a true rocker chick just a fleeting one? Should I stick to things I am good at, like making fun of others? ("Well kids, you tried and you failed. The lesson is never try.") I must learn to play guitar, if only even to prove to the doubter (you know who you are) that I can do it. I was once able to play a rockin rendition of Jesse's Girl. I will do it again!!!! And maybe this time, I might even learn to play something cool!

Song of the Moment: Rock the Casbah by the Clash - Is this cooler than Jesse's girl? :o)

6 Comments:

At January 13, 2006 10:44 AM, Blogger Ferda said...

I am so impressed by your knowledge of Simpsons quotes! You should have a Simpsons quote-off with James.

 
At January 13, 2006 10:59 AM, Blogger Dish said...

Lol. I am good, but I am not sure my knowledge is competition worthy! :o)

 
At January 13, 2006 3:03 PM, Blogger Ferda said...

chu can do eet!

 
At January 13, 2006 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing is cooler than Jessie's girl.

 
At May 14, 2008 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can do it if you keep trying im a rocker myself.

 
At October 25, 2012 7:51 AM, Anonymous Leather Coats said...

nice post love reading it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home