u The Main Dish: Ya wanna learn how to shoot, Bub?

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Friday, January 13, 2006

Ya wanna learn how to shoot, Bub?

So last night's movie was Day of the Dead. I have to say, I didn't enjoy this movie as much as I thought I would. Part of what I love about the old horror movies is the cheesy dialogue. This one was truly lacking in that department. Really, you could even argue that there was no dialogue. Mostly it was one string of curse words after another. I guess that's what happens when society degenerates. One scene worthy of note: Bub, the zombie that the researchers are trying to socialize, shoots down one of the military men and then salutes him as he lies dying. That was cheesy goodness at its best. One question I have to ask: Did anyone else find that there were similarities between the Lenny and Carl from the Simpsons and John (the pilot) and McDermott (the alcoholic)? Or was that just me? Also interesting was the after-movie conversation about what would be your weapon of choice should the dead truly take over the world. I think we need to work on that solar-panel-run chainsaw philosophy or we will be the first to die. Overall, this movie gets 2.5 out of 5 cookies.

Song of the Moment: Duncan Williams, He's the Man by Ryan Palmer (it's stuck in my head!!!!)

4 Comments:

At January 13, 2006 12:24 PM, Blogger Palmer said...

Actually, the song title is 'He's The Man'.

 
At January 13, 2006 12:26 PM, Blogger Palmer said...

Actually, the song title is 'He's The Man'.

 
At January 13, 2006 2:55 PM, Blogger Dish said...

I heard you the first time. :o)

 
At January 13, 2006 7:23 PM, Blogger iBenoit said...

Since i didn't partake in this chaos-weapon discussion, I would have to say that you either go for something taht is in the gun-powder family that does a hole the size of a bowling ball into someone or 2) a kick ass tool in the blade family to chop their heads off.

Oh and BTW Trish, the song title is: 'He's The Man'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home