u The Main Dish: Top O' the Muffin to Ya

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Friday, February 03, 2006

Top O' the Muffin to Ya

Recent breakfast conversation has focussed on the fact that I prefer the muffin top over the muffin stump. So hard to explain why, but I think Elaine from Seinfeld captures it best in The Muffin Tops episode when she says "Oh yeah. It's the best part. It's crunchy, it's explosive, it's where the muffin breaks free of the pan and sort of does it's own thing. I'll tell you. That's a million dollar idea right there. Just sell the tops."

See, I'm not the only one out there who thinks that way! The stump is just kind of lack lustre in comparison to the muffin top. And it is always so much more awkward to eat. The muffin top can be broken off into small pieces without really crumbling. Not so with the stump.

Anyway, I have been trying to get this post up since this morning, but I've been busy, busy with all kinds of last minute sort of stuff. Last day of work and all.

Very sad in a way. I'm excited to try something new, but kind of sad to leave at the same time. I made some good friends here and there has been fun times. And on that note, I am going to post this and finish packing up my stuff.

Song of the Moment: California Dreamin' by The Mamas and the Papas

5 Comments:

At February 03, 2006 5:03 PM, Blogger James said...

ah seinfeld. What haven't we learned from that show?

 
At February 07, 2006 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy muffin top pans and have me over

 
At February 07, 2006 6:37 PM, Blogger iBenoit said...

Have you baked muffins for your new office mates? It will win them over, i'm sure. Hey, It got you at our lunchtable right? ;)

 
At February 07, 2006 7:04 PM, Blogger Dish said...

Hey. I was at the lunch table before I ever baked for you guys. Hmmph. I am more than just a kitchen magician. I am also a pretty face! :P

 
At February 09, 2006 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I must say, I am opposed to the muffin top Trish! The stump is yummy and moist and not crispy! I love the stump! STUMP ALL THE WAY BABY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home