u The Main Dish: Did You Know...

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Did You Know...

...That if you don't have new bus pass on the first day of the month, OC Transpo will trade your last month's bus pass for a daily pass. What a swell deal, or possibly just a way for them to confiscate your old pass so you can't keep trying to use it all month. Either way, it worked out great for me because I didn't quite have enough bus tickets to last me through the week and I am still crossing my fingers for parking at the new job so I didn't want to buy another pass quite yet.

...That it was just a joke when the Italian Prime Minister said that he would abstain from sex until the April 9 election. Read about it
here. My question is what does this have to do with anything? Why even say that in a speech? He's married. How does not having sex with your wife prove that you have good family values? Unless he was talking about abstaining from sex with one or more mistresses, but really, if that were the case it should specify. Anyway, this article was good for a laugh.

...That the new
Anne and Gilbert musical that debuted last summer at the Victoria Playhouse on PEI was a smashing success. And this is a surprise because...? I mean how could it not be? The tourists eat that stuff up. Anything Anne-related sells. Sheesh.

...That it is easier to buy new shoes than attempt to walk for long (or even short) distances on your heels so that the snow does not seep in through the holes in the bottom of your shoes and get your socks wet. Granted, I do have a good laugh every time I watch Ryan do this. :o)


Those are today's random thoughts. Don't worry. I will come up with some more controversial topics once I get a chance to get more into my yearly feminist read.

8 Comments:

At February 01, 2006 10:53 AM, Blogger Ferda said...

Is this Anne of Anne of green gables?

 
At February 01, 2006 10:57 AM, Blogger Matt said...

I think you mixed up yearly with daily.

 
At February 01, 2006 11:13 AM, Blogger Dish said...

Yes, Anne of Green Gables. Sorry, I assume everyone is island-born like me and knows of no other Anne. ;o)

Yearly? Daily? I gave them my monthly pass and the driver gave me a pass good for all day today. Does that make more sense? I'm confused.

 
At February 01, 2006 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is your feminist read this year?

 
At February 01, 2006 12:38 PM, Blogger Dish said...

Different For Girls: How Culture Creates Women by Joan Smith. I am not sure it is really for me though. I'll give it another chapter or two before I search out something better.

 
At February 01, 2006 3:36 PM, Blogger Palmer said...

Hey, you were with me when I tried to buy new boots and they didn't have my size!

 
At February 01, 2006 4:40 PM, Blogger Dish said...

Yes, but weren't you also the one who was complaining about how buying new shoes is a waste of money?!

 
At February 02, 2006 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey look it's me driving that bus...by the way did you get OCTranspo permission to use that picture...just kidding
kdaigger

 

Post a Comment

<< Home