u The Main Dish: Coining a New Term

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Coining a New Term

Minion (n.) - a servile or fawning dependant. There are other definitions, but I think we have captured the main essence with that one. I am always fond of saying that as a goddess, I am always in need of minions. Artoo pointed out to me today at lunch that since my minions all tend to be male, I should start calling them "menions". And thus a new word is born!

Menion (n.) - a male servile or fawning dependant in the service of the goddess Dish.


A note to my menions: The word minion is actually derived from the French mignon meaning darling (somewhat in the sense of "the precious"). Of course that sort of starts us down a strange and disturbing road. I think it is best we stop the analysis right here.

I love my new word. Thanks Artoo!

6 Comments:

At February 01, 2006 3:37 PM, Blogger Palmer said...

I predict Trish writing the following comment:

"Shove it menion."

 
At February 01, 2006 3:39 PM, Blogger Matt said...

you complain about getting made fun of, then post things like this where you are obviously going to be made fun of...

 
At February 01, 2006 3:40 PM, Blogger Dish said...

Come on. I don't really use the term "shove it". "Kiss my arse menion" is really more my speed. ;o)

 
At February 02, 2006 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! I love term! I plan on stealing it now. Of course, I only have one menion but it's a start!

 
At February 02, 2006 10:50 AM, Blogger Ferda said...

loves it!

Also I never got why they call it a filet mignon. Is it because it's usually small so they call it cute, darling?

 
At March 15, 2006 3:04 PM, Blogger iBenoit said...

You owe me royalties... i coined that term.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home