u The Main Dish: Band-Aid

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Monday, May 29, 2006

Band-Aid

No, don't worry. This is not another rant about Bono. In this case, I am talking about actual Band-Aid Brand Adhesive Bandages rather than the charity super group Band-Aid.

Really not that much to say on the topic other than to wonder if band-aids got less sticky over the years. I remember when I was a kid how horribly painful it was to rip a band-aid off. I was never the kid who could just pull if off really fast. I was the one who had to peel it off agonizingly slowly trying to make it hurt less.

Recently, I have been using more band-aids than normal and find that it is far less painful to rip them off. Have I gotten tougher over the years? Is my skin less sensitive? Or did the good people at Johnson & Johnson just finally develop a new formula for glue that is sticky enough to do the job but not so sticky that it causes pain and anguish.

Just something to think about in those moments when your brain is quiet.

As an interesting aside, Band-Aids were introduced in 1920, but the wrapper didn't get the handy red string until 1940.

1 Comments:

At May 31, 2006 12:53 PM, Blogger Palmer said...

It's probably the fact that if they don't make them as sticky, they fall off easier hence you need to use more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home