u The Main Dish: Baby Step Back

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Baby Step Back

I love random coincidences. Recently, my listening album of choice has been "Gordon Lightfoot: Complete Greatest Hits", which I borrowed from Jennie. The song list includes "Baby Step Back", which is a song that I have heard before but I guess never really paid that close attention to because it isn't on any of the albums I own.

Well, lately I have been loving this song. I can't get enough of it. I am listening to it right now, in fact. Anyway, on to the point. The other day it hit me that something about the guitar line in this song reminds me of Brian, friend and guitar player extraordinaire. Just sounds like something he would like to play. Not really sure what the exact connection was.

A bit of background to make this random coincidence more meaningful: Back in the day, it was practically a daily habit for Brian and I to argue over golf. I feel it is the sport of the devil for various reasons that we will not explore at this time, while he vehementaly disagrees and is an avid golfer.

Now, today I was reading the cd jacket, getting some info on some of the songs on the album. What should I read about the song "Baby Step Back"? The inspiration for this song comes from a line Gordon Lightfoot's former brother-in-law used on the golf course. When they were playing golf and they lined up at the first tee, he used to always say "Either step up or step back."

Crazy coincidence or what? Ok. Maybe this is only of interest to me, but it totally made me laugh. I love when weird stuff like that happens!

By the way...check out the pic of young, hot Gord. I love this guy. Can't wait for the concert in November!!

2 Comments:

At May 03, 2006 7:08 PM, Blogger Sister Merry Kerry said...

Judging by the lack of comments, I think we can all come to the conclusion of just how interesting Gordon is.

 
At May 03, 2006 9:00 PM, Blogger Dish said...

Have you ever even given Gord a chance? Start listening. You'll be hooked. Guaranteed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home