u The Main Dish: The BIG 3-0

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The BIG 3-0

Some of my faithful readers have expressed interest in why I did not write a birthday rant about the joys of turning 30. Well, I thought about it, but by the time I actually turned 30, I didn’t have the energy for it. Blame it on getting old maybe...

A big thank you goes out to Ryan, Véro and Jennie and anyone else who helped with food or planning for the BBQ on Saturday. Also many thanks for the fabulous gifts. In case anyone was wondering about the fate of the Chuck Norris photo (see picture above), it now sits in a place of honour in my cube, making the dreary work day just a little bit sunnier.

So, some people tell me that your 30s are the best time of your life. You supposedly have more money and more confidence. You care less about what people think and you are more free to live. I have also been told that now I am going to get gray hair, gain weight, get saggy boobs and should invest in a cat or two (Side note: I will not be getting any cats. I don’t like cats. I am allergic to cats. If I ever become a crazy old maid, it will not be one with cats or pets of any sort.) So, I guess only time will tell. Stay tuned for future developments.

6 Comments:

At May 11, 2006 12:38 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Go confident saggy boobed Trish!

 
At May 12, 2006 8:47 AM, Blogger Palmer said...

The fact that she now has a picture of Chuck Norris in her office!

 
At May 12, 2006 5:19 PM, Blogger Dish said...

The bright side was more confidence, money, not caring what people think. I included the bright side. You apparently just didn't see it, which mean you are more pessimistic than I am!

 
At May 13, 2006 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see a girl who doesn't love her friends anymore cuz she no longer emails them!

4 freaking days! I'm going through withdrawal! What have I missed?!

 
At May 13, 2006 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

write me!

 
At May 14, 2006 10:58 AM, Blogger Sister Merry Kerry said...

And lets not forget to thank all the people that ate the cupcakes that Jennie made too. Good job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home