u The Main Dish: Cool at Last!

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Cool at Last!

Monday, Joe and I headed to the Bayshore mall to do a bit of shopping. We went out on his motorbike. Yesterday, I got to work and my revisor says to me "You're the COOL translator." I said, "What? Huh? Me?"

Apparently she and her daughter were at Bayshore on Monday too. At one point, her daughter said to her, "Hey Mom, look at them. Aren't they cool?" My revisor looked up and who did she see? Me and Joe. Motorcycle helmets in hand. The bad part is that I didn't even notice my revisor, so when she told her daughter that she knew me, I guess her daughter told her that I was too cool for her because I didn't stop to say hello. Oops! I must have been in my own little shopping zone. Anyway, apparently walking around the mall with a motorcyle helmet transformed me into the "the cool translator" at my revisor's house. So, while I was thinking it was just a pain in the butt to lug the helmet around, I was actually upping my cool quota! This is great, as usually people are giving me a hard time for being such a nerd.

Does it count if you are only borrowing the coolness from a friend though? Am I just a poser giving off the appearance of cool? Oh well. Too bad. I'll take it however I can get it. At least it made the other translators jealous! ;o)

6 Comments:

At April 20, 2006 9:13 AM, Blogger Palmer said...

Well now that you have told us that you're just a poser, you're not cool anymore.

But if you would have just left it at that way cool story...we would have thought you were cool.

 
At April 20, 2006 5:22 PM, Blogger Dish said...

I didn't say definitively that I was a poser. It was a rhetorical question - the answer being NO!

And I did not complain about carrying the helmet around..only quietly to myself and that doesn't count! The hair..yes, I will admit to complaining about that. You try getting the tangles out! Ouch!

 
At April 21, 2006 11:03 AM, Blogger AquariusDragon said...

Oh oh oh! Time for you to get your own bike! Forget about riding on the back ;) And for the tangled hair syndrome... low pony-tail tucked into your jacket.

 
At April 21, 2006 1:12 PM, Blogger iBenoit said...

LOL

 
At April 21, 2006 1:12 PM, Blogger iBenoit said...

oups... sorry.

 
At April 21, 2006 4:49 PM, Blogger Sister Merry Kerry said...

If there's one thing translators do, it's make each other jealous. I mean, besides translating too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home