u The Main Dish: I Want Free Chicken

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Friday, January 20, 2006

I Want Free Chicken

A few weekends back I hit the KFC on Saint Laurent looking for a tasty post-movie snack. After all the television hype, I decided I would try the new Snacker. Granted, I am a bit confused about what happened to the Snackwich. Is the Snacker really just the Snackwich but in a new more oblong shaped bun? Why did it have to be replaced? "Not to worry," I thought to myself, "I am adventurous and willing to try new things." So, the Snacker it was. What I was promised (and this is exact wording): A juicy, 100% white meat chicken fillet made fresh and placed on a soft sesame seed kaiser bun. What I ended up eating (well, not eating was more like it) was pretty much a decroded piece of crap. No juicy succulent chicken, only some rock hard breaded mystery substance. I was not impressed to say the least. Generally, when things like this happen to me, I rant and rave and get it out of my system but do not actually take action. This time, I used the handy feedback form and told KFC exactly what I thought of their Snacker. Well, I didn't use the term decroded piece of crap, but probably I should have. A few hours later, I got an email from some unknown asking me where purchased the aforementioned crap and saying that if I would give them the location where this tragic chicken incident occurred they would "investigate my claim." It has been weeks now and now more information has been forthcoming. Investigate my claim? If I, a long time lover of all greasy foods, said your chicken was crap, then it was crap. The least you can do is send me a few coupons or something. What ever happened to the good old days when you complained and companies actually cared?! When they would do something about it?! This is almost as bad as the time that I wrote to Empire Theatres about something (can't remember what now) and some punk wrote me back and addressed me as "u". Excuse me but it is very unprofessional to call someone you don't know "u" without the "yo", especially in business dealings. When the rant gets sidetracked, it is usually time to wrap it up. I just send out one final plea to the Colonel...give me free chicken!!!!!

4 Comments:

At January 20, 2006 3:49 PM, Blogger Palmer said...

After awhile of reading this, all I heard was

BAWK! BAWK BAWK!

 
At January 20, 2006 4:00 PM, Blogger Dish said...

Have you been possessed by a chicken?

 
At January 21, 2006 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh. Have I taught you nothing? Nothing good comes from trying new things! I thought we learned this in our roadtrip a few years back. I think it's time for a refresher course. I might have to make the travel arrangements.

 
At January 23, 2006 10:53 AM, Blogger Dish said...

I know! But you also know that I never seem to learn that lesson no matter how hard I try!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home