u The Main Dish: The Million Dollar Hotel

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Million Dollar Hotel

This week at Cinéma Dish, The Million Dollar Hotel. This movie, written by Bono, starts when a billionaire's son dies in a skid row hotel and a federal agent turns the lives of the residents upside down to find out if it was suicide or murder.

Apparently U2 does a short cameo.

Key lines to listen for:

"No matter how strange or despicable you act, I can do one better, because I work for the government!" (This one should appeal to all those public servants out there!)

"You shouldn't smoke, 'cause people die of it and sometimes they even get cancer."

I will refrain from giving my opinion on Bono's writing until I see the movie, but based on that last quote, I am not sure it is looking good...

Anyway, usual time and place. Email me for more info, but just be forewarned that I will only be checking my email in the evenings.

4 Comments:

At February 08, 2006 8:48 AM, Blogger Palmer said...

I think The Dish cannot review this movie objectively for the sole reason that she sees nothing good in the man named Bono.

Thanks for the invite, but must pass...have visitors on the weekend so must clean.

 
At February 08, 2006 9:04 AM, Blogger Sister Merry Kerry said...

I will be attending. But I might be late, I'm not sure.

 
At February 08, 2006 5:44 PM, Blogger Dish said...

palmer, you suck. your star count is dropping. are you going to cut me off as a friend now that we don't work together any more??!!!

 
At February 13, 2006 3:06 PM, Blogger Palmer said...

Who is this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home