u The Main Dish: Rage Against Fastcard

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Rage Against Fastcard

So some of you may have noticed these handy things called fastcards located at the checkouts of many stores. They can get you magazines, phone time, music downloads, etc. Well, I got one of these supposedly fabulous cards for Christmas. Hurray! Free magazine subscription. In theory anyway.

I have been trying to redeem this thing, but to no avail. I enter my secret PIN number and then move on to a screen where I have to enter my mailing information. All is well and good until I enter my postal code and try to submit the form. No matter what I do, it will not accept my postal code. It keeps telling me that I am using the wrong format.

Maybe it is just a glitch in the system. I use the "contact us" email form to tell the company that I am having problems and ask them what to do. No response. I call their contact number. I get a recording telling me that the number has been disconnected. I email the magazine directly to ask about the situation. No response.

I WANT MY MAGAZINE!!!!! How am I supposed to know quickly and easily from my own home what there is to buy without my LouLou subscription?! It is Canada's shopping magazine and is great because everything shown can be purchased somewhere in Canada. Granted, many times they focus on Montreal, Vancouver and Toronto, but if worse comes to worse, we are close enough for weekend trips to 2 of 3 of those locations.

Anyway, just had to do some venting. Why do these things always happen to me?! :o(


Song of the Moment: You Can't Always Get What You Want by the Stones

2 Comments:

At March 02, 2006 10:12 AM, Blogger Ferda said...

did you try entering it K1K 1K1 some places will only accept that and other places will only accept K1K1K1 with no spaces. Try different variations maybe you'll get it to work. Chu can do eet!

 
At March 02, 2006 10:30 AM, Blogger Palmer said...

Try 90210.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home