u The Main Dish: Feminist No More?

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Friday, June 09, 2006

Feminist No More?

Yesterday one of my friends came over to help me put my air conditioner in. He carried it up all those flights of stairs from the basement quite effortlessly (or so it seemed). Meanwhile, last fall, Jennie and I tried to remove said air conditioner and carry it down to the basement and nearly killed ourselves in the process.

Later, as I was debating what sort of treat I could make him to thank him for his efforts, the following occurred to me: I pride myself on my feminist ways and yet I call upon a man to do my heavy lifting and then I head to the kitchen to provide him with baked goods as recompense?

I have visions of Mount Saint Vincent University striking me from their list of alumni. I am hanging my head in shame.

5 Comments:

At June 10, 2006 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i knew that incident would lead toa blog entry!

and having a friend carry the ac does not make you less of a feminist. it's called "delegation" dear. why hurt yourself when you can pawn the unsavory task off on someone else?

 
At June 11, 2006 1:44 PM, Blogger Sister Merry Kerry said...

PATRICIA: Don't confuse feminism with your dislike to lift and move around heavy objects.

 
At June 12, 2006 11:16 AM, Blogger Palmer said...

They have excellent points in how feminism isn't linked to you not lifting heavy objects. You are just using your friends for good things.

But the whole automatic instinct to head to the kitchen to make a treat? Whoa Nelly! Your rank has been pulled.

 
At June 12, 2006 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO

Good one cupcake!

 
At June 12, 2006 11:13 PM, Blogger Dish said...

I want this picture blown up for my living room wall. i like it more and more each time I see it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home