u The Main Dish: My Summer Vacation (Part II)

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Thursday, August 24, 2006

My Summer Vacation (Part II)

So, beach time aside, there were some other interesting vacation moments. One, finding out that the boy I was in love with many moons ago was actually also in love with me, but was dissuaded from acting on it because some of my "friends" at the time convinced him that I was too good for him. I now hold that one particular "friend", who shall be known as BFPH, responsible for anything that went wrong in my life in the man department since 1998. He has much to account for. ;o)

Travelled to Halifax to see my sister and catch up with some friends there.Jocelyne is very cute pregnant, but it is very bizarre to me. I guess because she will always be "little" to me. Really, the time in Halifax was extremely surreal. I used to live there and absolutely loved it. Going back was fun, but somewhat heart wrenching at the same time. That time of life has some of the best and worst memories associated with it. But generally, the best ones always overcome. I mean yes, at the time I felt like my life was a disaster because the relationship I had was falling apart, my boy was moving away, I was super-stressed about the work I had to do for my masters, I lived in an apartment with a psycho landlady who counted the times I flushed the toilet and moved my furniture while I was out etc.,etc., but yet, that is when Rachel and I really became close friends and we just really had some major fun. Makes me wonder why I ever left?!! I love that place! It is funny because usually when you haven't been somewhere in years, major changes happen, but most everything stayed similar to the way I left it.

Anyway, enough of memory lane. This trip, I went out on the town in Halifax tothe Ale House. There was much dancing and revelry. The workers wore outfits that can only be described as serving wenches and I had the urge to ask them and the guys, who were dressed in lederhosen-like shorts, if they had their costumes made from curtains cause they looked like the cast from the Sound of Music.

I chatted with a guy from PEI that apparently went to my high school. I have a vague recollection of him and him of me. The reason why I mention this is because he told me that he was going to go home and "look me up in his yearbook." Ha ha.That is such a PEI thing to do. The minute you meet someone new you have to find out what high school they went to and then go look them up to see if you remember them. Although to be honest, I did not know that PEI boys did that. I thought it was just a girl thing. Anyway, this post is getting rambly and I am not sure if anyone truly cares to hear every detail of my trip. I will leave it at that for now. Vive la plage et les Maritimes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home