u The Main Dish

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Dear Dish'ola:
I went out and bought shampoo and conditioner the other day. Have you bought this stuff lately? It's expensive and confusing. So I'm sitting there, long after I finished washing my hair and wondering these things: Why am I having weird nostalgic childhood flashbacks? and why does it smell like I threw an open bottle of perfume on the floor of my room? This was some potent hair-washing product. And it just happened to be the very same one I used as a small child. I confirmed this with parental unit #2.

I strive for normalcy Dish, but this just doesn't seem to be it. Now I'm lamenting.... Oh, Dish'ola, apple of my eye, I had it all - the 2.5 children, the white picket fence, the artistic liberties taken with various punctuation marks.....but then this came up. So my questions to you are: 1. Is this healthy? 2. Can you recommend a good shampoo and conditioner and/or would you like my old ones? (perhaps I can sell them at the Great Glebe Garage Sale?)

Sincerely,
A Begrudging Hair-washer

Dear Begrudging:

Unless this shampoo is the "Not jojoba! It’s hohoba" shampoo, I suggest you start fresh. Either pawn this shampoo/conditioner off on a willing recipient (there’s no accounting for taste) or, if you are the "waste not want not" type and can’t find anyone to take it, you can always try watering it down to slightly decrease the potency.

If you’re looking for a new shampoo, I highly recommend Herbal Essences. Now, for awhile there I was very bitter against Clairol for discontinuing my beloved shampoo and conditioner, but after complaining to them and receiving a coupon for a free product, I tried their new line. These new fangled shampoos still have a lovely smell, which isn’t too strong and overpowering. Plus, boys tend to like it.

I have tried the "None of Your Frizzness", which is quite effective when I am leaving my hair straight, as well as "Totally Twisted", which is much less sticky than the last brand of curl enhancing shampoo that I had.

Give it a try. I recommend "Drama Clean". I haven't tried it, but the name alone suggests a fabulous product. I guarantee that within a few weeks you will be tossing your hair and doing glamour shots in front of the nearest fan à la Drew Barrymore on the cover of the Firestarter movie. Trust me.

Dish

2 Comments:

At May 09, 2007 11:40 AM, Blogger Palmer said...

Drama Clean? Is that the official prouduct of Shabo-Tai?

 
At May 19, 2007 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think shampooing your hair everyday does more damage then good. Once a month washing is more then enough.

Can you help me with why I can't keep a girlfriend?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home