u The Main Dish: Who Knew?

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Monday, January 22, 2007

Who Knew?

Watched the Labyrinth again this weekend - this time it was the dvd version rather than the poor quality, taped off tv version that I watched while I was sick.

Discovery - the ballroom scene in the Labyrinth was actually choreographed by none other than our own Dr. Beverly Crusher! Who knew?! I was fast forwarding through the "making of" special feature looking for parts about David Bowie, when I stumbled upon this trivia tidbit.

On a Beverly Crusher related note, I used to have a friend who said I looked exactly like Beverly Crusher - apparently this is especially true in one of the episodes where there is a passive resistance and she doesn't smile. When we went to Canada's Wonderland on a high school band trip he forced me to get my picture taken beside a giant cardboard cutout of her in order to prove it. I'd definitely like to watch all the Star Trek TNG eps again though. What a fabulous show. Palmer, when you find your theoretical future wife who owns them all, let me know so I can borrow them!

On a David Bowie related note, I've decided that I should now watch all of David Bowie's movies. I saw The Prestige just recently. Sadly, he did not have his long blonde rocker hair in the movie. I guess this was somewhat to be expected since the movie is set in turn-of-the-century London. He does still have very distinctive eyebrows though. Really, this was not such a great movie. Good story idea, but rather slow moving. When you are thinking "just die already" about one of the main characters, it is not a sign of a fabulous motion picture. Next up on the list of David Bowie movies - The Man Who Fell to Earth, circa 1976. If the picture doesn't have you dying to see the movie, there is obviously something wrong with you. ;o)

2 Comments:

At January 23, 2007 9:44 AM, Blogger Sister Merry Kerry said...

Dish, I wish I had such good taste in movies and TV as you. Until then, I will have to settle for reading about them in your blog. :)

That Dr. Beverly Crusher is a triple threat - dancing, having red hair, and being on Star Trek too...

 
At February 06, 2007 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=4997426

shocking!

Lumpy the wookie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home