u The Main Dish: It's Love and Murder at First Sight!

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Friday, January 20, 2006

It's Love and Murder at First Sight!

This week's movie nite featured the Alfred Hitchock film North by Northwest, circa 1959. In it, an advertising executive (Cary Grant) is mistaken for a spy and is pursued across the country while he looks for a way to survive.

Overall, I quite enjoyed this movie. Action, adventure and lots of cheese. I was dead tired and I didn't even fall asleep, so that has to say something in its favour. I even managed to acquire a new and fabulous pick-up line for use when travelling: "It's going to be a long night and I don't particularly like the book I've started. You know what I mean?"

This movie gets 4 out of 5 cookies. Good pick Ben!

As a side note, in accordance with the song, Duncan Williams really is the man. Chivalry is a key quality of "being the man" unless we are talking "the man" as in sticking it to the man, but I am getting off topic. Anyway, I just thought it was super nice of him to offer me his chair for the movie and thought he deserved a blog mention. Thanks Duncan!

2 Comments:

At January 25, 2006 4:43 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Good movie, good brownies,

But, why does every movie night have to start with. "Why is there no sound?"
lol

 
At January 25, 2006 5:14 PM, Blogger Dish said...

Cause all you techies keep messing with my set up every week!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home