u The Main Dish: His Hangups are Hilarious

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Saturday, March 11, 2006

His Hangups are Hilarious

This week's movie nite featured Harold and Maude, my sister Stephanie's favorite movie. I resisted watching it for many a year, generally because she and I do not really have the same taste in movies, but I have to say, I was actually pleasantly surprised. First of all, the music is all done by Cat Stevens. Well, mostly they play "If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out" over and over again, but it's a great song, so it's all good.

One funny moment is when Harold discovers that Maude is posing nude for an artist. She asks him if he disapproves. He waits 10 minutes before saying, "no."

Probably the best part was watching Matt's face. He kept waiting for some scandalous and disturbing sex scene, which never came. Every time music would come on, he had this expression of fear on his face.

This movie had some great scenes. Many of them to lengthy to explain. Watch for when Maude says to the police officer, "there is a family resemblance", when Harold sets himself on fire, when Uncle Victor does his salute. Really, there is just to much to tell about. You'll have to see it.

I give this movie 4 out of 5 cookies.

2 Comments:

At March 13, 2006 11:01 AM, Blogger Ferda said...

more of a 2.5-3 cookies for me. There were some good moments though. I especially liked Harold's uncle and his wind-up arm!

 
At March 15, 2006 3:02 PM, Blogger iBenoit said...

How was Bea Arthur's performance?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home