u The Main Dish: Hot or Not

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Hot or Not

So Ferda and I were chitchatting via email the other day and somehow the topic of Dirty Dancing Havana Nights came up. Since Patrick Swayze was the star of the original Dirty Dancing and also does a cameo it led to a discussion about people we used to think were hot and who are now not. (Side note: I have never seen Dirty Dancing Havana Nights. I only heard about his cameo through the delight of entertainment television.)

I don't remember ever being crazy over Patrick Swayze, but I do remember loving Kirk Cameron back in either elementary or junior high...can't remember exactly when. What I do remember is having a poster of him from Teen Beat or one of those magazines hanging up in my room.

This led to me to wonder a) What on earth could I have possibly been thinking? and b) What the heck is Kirk Cameron doing these days? The answer to question a? Well, I'll just let you try to answer that one on your own. The answer to question b is not pretty. One of the last things he did was Growing Pains: Return of the Seavers in 2004. Who knew that there were actually two Growing Pains made for TV movies. If I remember correctly, Ryan and I were supposed to watch one of them together...maybe it was even the 2004 one. I'll have to see if I can dig that tape up from somewhere.

Some interesting facts that I just learned: Kirk Cameron's parents named him after Captain Kirk of Star Trek fame. Also, Kirk now has SIX kids - 2 biological and 4 adopted.

I leave you for now, knowing that because of me your brains contain just a little bit more useless information. And Ferda, you can stop threatening to tell my secrets on your blog. I've come clean! ;o)

Oh wait. One more thing. Does anyone know if Patrick Swayze ever sang any other songs besides She's Like the Wind? That seems really random.

7 Comments:

At April 05, 2006 10:00 AM, Blogger Ferda said...

doh! I've lost all my leverage.

seriously Trish what were you thinking?? Kirk??!? LOL

I always thought Jordan Knight was dead sexy but hey at least he didn't look like a sissy mon (he only sang like one) :P teehee

 
At April 05, 2006 5:29 PM, Blogger Dish said...

I know! Usually I like the manly men. Maybe Growing Pains actually had some sort of background brainwashing mechanism?

 
At April 06, 2006 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! No way, I also thought kirk was cute! Come on, he was every guy you saw in school!

 
At April 06, 2006 12:28 PM, Blogger Ferda said...

I went to an all-girls school so I guess you're right he did look like my classmates.

SNAP!

 
At April 07, 2006 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SNAP my A%& Ferds! I went to an all girls school too and they didn't look like Kirk at all!

 
At April 07, 2006 10:18 AM, Blogger Ferda said...

hmmm who is this mysterious poster I wonder?

 
At April 07, 2006 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will NEVA know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home