u The Main Dish: Rage Against the Machine

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Rage Against the Machine

Seems like lately I have been witnessing a lot of anger. For instance, last Friday I went to get my haircut. While I was in there, another woman came in. She asked Amy (hair cutting chick) if she did waxing. Amy asked what type of waxing. The woman responded mustache and chin, which automatically made me groan inside. That must be horrible! Anyway, that is not the point. Amy said that she did do waxing, but asked if it were possible for the woman to come back. She was going to be at least another 20 minutes on my hair. The woman said she would wait and sat down. Every few minutes the woman would ask questions in a loud, angry voice, mostly "Are you going to have time to do me?" Amy was patiently assuring her that yes, she would get to her soon. Then, another man comes in and asks if he can get his hair cut. Amy says it will be five minutes. Well, the woman then proceeds to have a complete freak attack because she was there first and he has to be served after her, etc. etc. All along, Amy intended for the other stylist in the salon to cut the man’s hair, but this woman was totally raising her voice and was practically shouting.

Also, just before my hair appointment, I was killing time at Mags and Fags on Elgin. I thought I would check out some of the hair magazines to see if inspiration hit. Anyway, while I was in there, a fight broke out between a little old grandma and some random man. I don’t know exactly what started it, but all of a sudden they were yelling at each other. The old woman told the man, "that’s no way to treat a lady." The retort? "I’m more lady than you’ll eva be" (in pretty much the gayest voice you can imagine). The fighting continued with the woman saying that he should show some respect to his elders and that she was old enough to be his grandmother. Response? "Yeah, honey and it shows." Anyway, the showdown continued for quite some time. It was all very strange and random. Finally the woman left in a fit of rage. She literally stomped off down the street.

Then today, I was stopped at a red light waiting to go straight and the man in the car behind me was honking his horn and making obscene gestures at me. What do you want me to do buddy? If you want to run the red, then go around.

What is with the rage people?!! I thought maybe Friday was a full moon or something, but that doesn’t explain the guy today. You would think people would be getting less cranky as the weather gets nicer, not more cranky! Sheesh!

Song of the Moment: Bullet With Butterfly Wings by the Smashing Pumpkins

Side note: If you are wondering where this picture came from, I again refer you to Eric Conveys an Emotion for guaranteed laughs.

7 Comments:

At April 12, 2006 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll always remember the time you and I were doing our road trip to Ottawa and we walked into that hotel with that woman screaming at the manager. She wanted to call the cops and he was saying "go ahead" and trying to help us. Then we ran. Good times.

 
At April 12, 2006 9:46 AM, Blogger Palmer said...

Ah...the Smashing Pumpkins. I feel honoured.

Anyhow, anyone who gets mad at things are just lame.

Also, they should magically turn into goats for a day if they complain...then they would REALLY have a reason to complain. Either that or turn into Trish. ;-)

 
At April 12, 2006 10:51 AM, Blogger Ferda said...

love the comeback queen from mags and fags, hillarious!

 
At April 12, 2006 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with a little rage from time to time. Just make sure it does not include a high powered rifle and some sort of clocktower.

 
At April 12, 2006 10:33 PM, Blogger Dish said...

Ryan, when I crack under the pressure of the silence and the tracking of time at the Translation Bureau, you're the first to go! ;o)

 
At April 18, 2006 9:58 AM, Blogger Palmer said...

*groan*

Can you see what emotion Ryan is displaying right now?

 
At April 18, 2006 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the song says: Here's a little song I wrote. I'm gonna sing it note for note......
"DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY" DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY! Do do do do dodo dodododo..... dododo! ;-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home