u The Main Dish: Problem Solved

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Problem Solved

Ok. For all those of you who were in a snit because their comments were being moderated (ahem Sena!), the problem has been solved. (I am picturing myself saying this in the same voice as the maid in Mary Poppins uses when she says "the position has been filled").

Speaking of movies...my latest movie hunt is for Alice in Wonderland/Alice Through the Looking Glass circa 1985. This was the fabulous made for tv version with two parts - one with the happy smiley wonderland and the other dark black Jabberwocky part. You cannot go wrong with this movie. I mean come on. It has Ringo Starr, Sammy Davis Jr., Sally Struthers and Carol Channing. How can a movie like that not be a cheesy hit. Besides, any movie with a song that goes "jam tomorrow, jam yesterday, but never never jam today" has got to be good! And also the Oyster and the Carpenter. I need to see this movie.

So far, on the quest, the first part is available from the good old public library, but they don't have the evil dark part. Amazon only has one part on video cassette and it costs $60-something. Crazy! Anyway, I think I have finally managed to track it down on Futureshop.ca. It said when I tried to order it that it was out of stock, but I put the order through anyway. Someone from Future Shop called me this afternoon to confirm my billing information and she seemed to think it was on its way. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

I'll keep you posted. If this avenue fails me, I am going to try ebay. For now, I will be anxiously awaiting the mailman to see if this Future Shop deal pans out.

2 Comments:

At April 06, 2006 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention telly savalas as the cheshire cat who says - meow baby!
i say - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

 
At April 06, 2006 10:19 AM, Blogger Sister Merry Kerry said...

oh, I was in a snit all right. A royal Snit with a capital 'S'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home