u The Main Dish: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Whoo hoo! I love love love St. Paddy's Day. I have never been sure why, since usually it centers around mass quantities of beer, which has never been my thing, but still the love is there. Besides, it's great to have an excuse to wear shamrock tattoos and dress in green. This year, I am ready. I have created my own t-shirt and I must say, I am quite proud of how well it turned out.

Picture this. White shirt. Green shamrock and the words "Kiss Me, I'm Trish." This little joke stems back from the days when Jennie and I took a cake decorating class together. My cake was covered with lips, shamrocks and gold coins and said "Kiss me, I'm Irish". Well, that is what it was supposed to say. Apparently, at that time (and also now) my cake decor skills were not exactly top notch. Jennie looked at it and thought it said, "Kiss me, I'm Trish." Thus, a great new St. Patrick's Day saying and t-shirt idea was born. (Also please note that Trish is short for Patricia, female form of Patrick. Coincidence? I think not!)

Thanks go out to Ryan for the helpful tips about the iron-on transfers. I did what you said and cut really close around them and it worked out fabulously. Now, it just remains to decide whether or not it is appropriate to wear this shirt to work! I wonder if the new co-workers are ready to see the real me, in all my quirkiness!

Song of the Moment: Wild Rover by the Irish Descendants (yes, it is a traditional song, but it is their version that is playing in the soundtrack of my mind).

2 Comments:

At March 17, 2006 8:15 AM, Blogger Dish said...

Please note that even though I wrote this blog entry yesterday, I realize that St. P's day is actually March 17. ;o)

 
At March 17, 2006 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went down to an ale house I used to frequent,
And I told the landlady my money was spent.

it's not a nail house Herr Pössel! Gee whiz can't you even use the internet?

still bitter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home