u The Main Dish: Kids These Days

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Kids These Days

So, last night, against my better judgement, I went to a St. Patrick's Day dance at church. I just can't understand it. All night they played this hip hop/house music. How can anyone who is not a gangsta dance to that stuff. I just can't do it. Please note that the average age of people in attendance was probably about 23. Later in the evening, at the request of one of my friends, they played Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard. These people actually either left the dance floor or just stood there not knowing what to do.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?!!! Why don't they know how to rock???? It was so sad! Just as sad as when the teenagers weren't allowed to dance in Footloose (or should I say Foot-louis?). I would venture even to say that it was sadder than that.

I mean how many people can say that hip hop music changed their life in someway? I have it on good authority (Jack Black in School of Rock) that one great rock show can change the world!

All I can say is that I raise my goblet of rock in a toast to those who rock. And it an expression of ultimate cheese, I second AC/DC's sentiment and say "For those about to rock, we salute you." For those about to hip hop? No salutation, only a lot of pity and sadness.

4 Comments:

At March 20, 2006 11:10 PM, Blogger Palmer said...

I remember hearing Under Pressure thinking it was Vanilla Ice. If I only knew.

 
At March 21, 2006 10:48 PM, Blogger Dish said...

Shameful, the both of you!

 
At March 21, 2006 10:48 PM, Blogger Dish said...

Shameful, the both of you!

 
At March 22, 2006 11:31 AM, Blogger Palmer said...

Yeah, it's not THAT Shameful. We just hadn't been exposed to the music yet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home