u The Main Dish: Happy Birthday to my Future Husband

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Happy Birthday to my Future Husband

John Cusack: Born this day in 1966 in Evanston, Illinois. Hard to believe that he is turning 40 today. Exactly 10 years older than me, but don't worry, it does not dissuade me in the least. My love for JC goes back even farther than my love for Johnny. I was totally won over by films such as One Crazy Summer, Better Off Dead and Say Anything. Also, I both love and hate the fact that he tries as much as possible to stay out of the spotlight and keep his personal life personal.

Keep your eyes open for a couple of films due out in 2006 - Martian Child and The Contract.

Some thoughts from the man himself:

On computers...

"I call my assistant all the time and say, ‘My computer’s down. Can you have someone come fix it?’ And then she comes by and they turn it on, and that was the problem with the computer. So I’’m not really that good with it."

On Internet dating...

"I don’’t want to get a date online. I’m trying to think of what I would put online. I’d probably put something just really funny and absurd, and then if somebody approached me with something that was equally funny, then I would know I would like them. I would try to be funny, and then if someone was funny back I would think, ‘Oh, there must be something interesting there.’ What would I put? ‘Nice person, sometimes brooding, sometimes nice.’"

On the British...

"The British keep employing me, and that makes me like them. It also makes me think they're very intelligent. "

And a couple of other random thoughts...

"I was a teen star. That's disgusting enough."

"Kitsch is more dangerous than it looks when taken to the extreme."

Devestatingly enough, blogger will not allow me to post a picture on this entry. V. annoying. Also, interesting news about John having a stalker (no, it's not me...).

4 Comments:

At June 29, 2006 2:38 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Patricia the stalker...

 
At June 29, 2006 5:09 PM, Blogger Sister Merry Kerry said...

Patricia the stripper? ...I can't remember who this song is by..

 
At June 29, 2006 7:52 PM, Blogger iBenoit said...

Chris DeBurgh

 
At June 29, 2006 11:01 PM, Blogger Dish said...

Gotta love Chris DeBurgh. Not really that many songs out there about people named Patricia. So glad the one song could be about a stripper. Funny my sister never thought to retaliate with this one when I used to torment her by singing that song "Joanna, I love you. You're the one, the one for me.." who the heck sang that? Kool and the Gang maybe?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home