u The Main Dish: What a Croc

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Thursday, August 24, 2006

What a Croc

I just have to say that while I was home I noticed a very disturbing trend. These plastic shoes called crocs have literally taken over the place. Now, these shoes would be fine at the beach, on a sailboat or in the garden say, but people are wearing these things everywhere. To dinner, to the clubs, to work, to school, to bed. EVERYWHERE!

People! Don't you realize these shoes are ugly?!!

Even worse, is that apparently now you can buy these things called jibbitz that you can stick in the holes of your ugly shoes to make them even more ugly. A girl I know who works at Island Beach Company, one of many stores that sells these horrific shoes back on the Island, says that they can't keep these jibbitz in stock. They are flying off the shelves.

What is everyone thinking?!!!

8 Comments:

At August 25, 2006 10:07 AM, Blogger Rienne said...

THANK YOU!

I also find those shoes horribly ugly and I was beginning to think I was the only one. Almost everyone in my family has a pair and I'm terrified they're going to buy me some to convert me.

They are fugly! And I haven't seen this jibbiz's (jibbi's?) yet but I'm sure they'll be making an appearance down here before long.

 
At August 25, 2006 10:19 AM, Blogger James said...

If you're talking about the stupid coloured shoes with holes, and no proper heels. Then I agree. I hate them also.

 
At August 25, 2006 12:35 PM, Blogger Sister Merry Kerry said...

I've noticed this too, and I was wondering what was up with these shoes? Were they some special design that's good for something spectacular? Like not slipping on ice in the snow? I have no idea.

 
At August 25, 2006 4:05 PM, Blogger Ferda said...

ditto on the fugly comment!

 
At August 27, 2006 11:57 AM, Blogger Matt said...

You ever tried these shoes on?
They are cooooomfy. It's like an erotic foot massage while your walking.

 
At August 27, 2006 5:32 PM, Blogger Rienne said...

I was at the mall yesterday and saw the fugly shoes, but these ones must have been knockoffs cuz they were called Dawg's.

Still fugly (and looked identical the ones in your pic) but different name. Still no sign of the jibbi's...

 
At August 28, 2006 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone. They are the ulgiest shoes I ever saw! Eww! These shoes should never be worn in public, comfortable or not! ;-S

 
At September 12, 2006 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They call them "give up" shoes and I'm suprised that there are not more of them in the GoC, although I have seem a pair at Tunney's Pasture.

Every once in a while the little Island of Prince Edward will come out with a trend that is just plain sad.

There are lots of shoes that are still comfy and don't look like they should go hand in hand with a matching moo-moo! Those that are not ashamed to say they owe these things should think about the 80's and, tight camel toe & acid wash jeans, mullets and hair spray bangs...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home