u The Main Dish: Dear Dish on Menions Who Are Out of Line

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Dear Dish on Menions Who Are Out of Line

Dear Dishing with the Dish,

I have a problem with my menion. He has taken to saying "no" to me at every request. For example, we could be grocery shopping and I will say that I want cookies in my order and he will say no and take the cookies out of my cart. Or I will say I want ice cream and he will say no and refuse to take me to get said ice cream. He says it is because he cares and does not want me eating fattening foods. I say, what is the point of living without cookies and ice cream?

How can I correct this abhorrent behaviour in my menion?

Signed,

My Misbehaving Menion

Dear Triple M:

Is the
menion really to blame here? Or did you just not train him properly? Do not fear. It is not too late. You just have to take control of this situation. This back talk must be nipped in the bud. Is he really thinking of your health, or does he just not want you to get fat? Menions who are trained well should love and adore no matter what your physical appearance. You either have to get this menion under control or cut him lose and start fresh.

The next time he tries to curb your eating habits, you must clearly state that his behaviour is inappropriate. It helps if your firm words are accompanied by a steely gaze. With time, you should be able to get to the point where you can raise your eyebrows and your menion will be able to interpret this as a signal that he has stepped out of line. If times are really tough, and if you must, scream out in the grocery store, as loudly as you can, "YOU THINK I’M FAT!!!" Believe me. Menions do NOT like this.

A menion’s duty is to worship, not to voice opinions. It may take time to correct his abhorrent behaviour, but hopefully in the end it will be worth it.

Good luck!

Dish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home