u The Main Dish: A First Question for Dear Dish

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A First Question for Dear Dish

Good Morning Dishing with Trish,

I have a problem. My roommate always leaves the toilet seat up. But I'm passive aggressive and avoid confrontation if at all possible. Also, I leave my room unattended while I'm at work as well as my groceries in the fridge. I don't want to encourage any sort of all out roomate-vs-roomate war. And I'm also having paranoid dreams at night too. Help!

Signed,

Anonymous Disgruntled Dreamer

Dear Disgruntled Dreamer:

Obviously you have learned nothing about turning men into menions. Tsk tsk. This is a skill you must work on perfecting. It would help you avoid inconvenient situations such as this one. If you were to talk to your roommate about the problems listed above and suggest possible compromises, it would go against who you are. You wouldn't be being true to yourself. Instead, I suggest you embrace your passive agressive nature. Put a padlock on the fridge and on your room door. Put one on the bathroom door as well. When the roommate in question asks you what is going on, feign ignorance of the entire situation. Go about your business happily and cheerfully knowing that your possessions are safe and sound. Humming or whistling can only help.

As for the paranoid dreams, this is normal and healthy. Try applying these dreams to your every day life. You will never again experience a dull moment.


Dish

1 Comments:

At October 11, 2006 7:19 PM, Blogger Sister Merry Kerry said...

This is truly advice of the Gods. Perhaps you are the incarnation of Ann Landers? If you want your desk back, you'll have to talk to Dan Savage who now uses it when he writes his sex column.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home