u The Main Dish: Dear Dish on Fish and Chips

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Dear Dish on Fish and Chips

Dear Dish:

I was at this amazing fish diner the other day and I ordered the fish and chips. However, afterwards in the afternoon, I had extreme pains in my insides, which resulted in trips to the washroom. While this isn't a pretty story, I want to know if I should blame the establishment, or if I should blame myself for ordering an item that blatantly has a lot of grease on it to begin with when I should have known better?

One in Pain


Dear Pained:

Not to be vague, but both of these reasons could be to blame for your abdominal discomfort. Fish and chips are deep-fat fried. Oil for frying is often reused. If the restaurant where you ate did not strain or store the oil properly between uses, or if it continued using the oil after it had clearly become rancid then, yes, the establishment could be to blame for your troubles.

However, if you don't often eat such greasy food (if, for example, you are watching your cholesterol), your gastrointestinal woes could merely be your body's way of protesting against a foreign and nasty substance.

The best way to solve this problem is to eat greasy junk food on a regular basis. That way when you become ill from eating fast food or other greasy, high-fat items, you will know for sure that the restaurant is to blame for your misfortune and will be able to take the proper legal action.

Dish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home