u The Main Dish: Dear Dish on Men's Underwear

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Friday, April 25, 2008

Dear Dish on Men's Underwear

Dear Dish:

I don't mind the feel of wearing briefs. Actually, I love boxer/briefs more because they don't bunch up inside my pants. Boxers aren't my cup of tea due to the bunching effect.

That being said, my friend was awestruck that I would actually wear briefs because they were not 'appealing'.

Can the type of underwear a man chooses to wear seriously affect his 'wow' factor? Should this be on the online dating profiles? I would like to think that our society is a little more advanced than to put any thought into a stinky pair of underwear in determining whether or not someone is attractive or not. But maybe that's me....

Also, I leave you with a quote from my friend which you may wish to leave out due to the public who read your blog. "Ma'am, those are definitely my underwear but that is most definitely not my skid mark."

Sincerely,
Lovin’ my tighty whiteys


Dear LMTW:

Sounds to me like you are man who has become comfortable in a long-term relationship and feels like he no longer has to work to impress his lady friend. Luckily for men, women are more inclined to choose a significant other based on factors other than the type of underwear he wears. If a woman loves you, your "wow factor" will likely not be too affected by your underwear preference.

Really, for the ladies, underwear preference varies depending on personal taste. Dish, for one, is not a big fan of the look of briefs; however, she does see how boxers could create problems in terms of bunchage. Consequently, she recommends boxer briefs. They’re the best of both worlds. They're flattering on most body types and are relatively tight fitting so you can avoid the discomfort of the bunching effect.

That being said, there are some additional points to keep in mind when it comes to underwear:

1) Regardless of what type of underwear you wear, the most important thing you can do is ensure that your underwear are not, as you say, "stinky". Fresh underwear every day boys. And no, turning a dirty pair of underwear inside out and wearing it again does not constitute clean.

2) Make sure the underwear you are wearing is relatively new and in good condition. Boys, you tend to be guilty of wearing your underwear until it falls apart at the seams. This is NOT attractive to the ladies. If your underwear has stains or holes or if you need a belt to hold them up because the elastic is shot, it is time to invest in some new ones. So please, do us all a favour and go throw out that underwear you’ve had since 1996 and buy some new ones. And don’t make your girlfriend or your mother do it for you. PLEASE!

Dish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home