u The Main Dish: Stream of Consciousness

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Monday, October 02, 2006

Stream of Consciousness

Last week's appointment at Appletree was rescheduled for tomorrow at 2:30 p.m. Got home today to a message telling me that my appointment has been cancelled again. Honestly, I don't know why I bother. I can't even summon up any rage. Not even a teeny bit of anger. All I feel is disgust. Can't feel my toes? I no longer care. I am done with this whole doctor business. Done.

The moussaka is finally done. Conclusion: Moussaka = way too labour intensive in relation to the tastiness of the end product. Well, the recipe I used anyway. It took me all nite and in the end all I can say about is 'meh'.

Thank you Ferda and Jen for the delicious oatmeal cookie recipe. And thank you bulk barn for putting your dried cranberries on sale this week. I would have starved to death waiting for the above moussaka to cook if I hadn't had these delicious cookies to get me through. Moussaka is one of those words that sounds funnier and funnier the more you say it. Or maybe I am just getting tired.

The thought of marriage also makes me tired. From the things I have heard recently from various sources, I now fear marriage. Seemingly ordinary people become people you don't even know any more. Or maybe guys don't do the same scary things girls do. Yes, I realize that with that line I am leaving myself wide open for critics of my generally feminist ways, but honestly, today is such an apathetic day, I can't bring myself to care. I will just have to deal with doing damage control later. ;o) I am just amazed by the secret agendas people have.

Speaking of secrets, I like that Carly Simon has never revealed who the song "You're so Vain" is about even after all these years. I also like it because it has the line: "Then you flew your Lear jet up to Nova Scotia to see the total eclipse of the sun."

I want to go to Nova Scotia for Rachel's b-day/Halloween, but I can't rationalize the expenditure. I guess I will have to content myself with going home for Christmas, which reminds me that the whole reason I got on the computer in the first place was to try to find myself a plane ticket to get my butt home to the Maritimes for the festive season.

5 Comments:

At October 03, 2006 10:09 AM, Blogger Sister Merry Kerry said...

Mmm...moussaka. Oh, Apple Tree, when will you learn? Seems redundantly pointless to continue scheduling appointments that will be cancelled.

 
At October 03, 2006 10:38 AM, Blogger James said...

I don't know what you are talking about. In my opinion, marriage is a good thing.

 
At October 03, 2006 3:07 PM, Blogger Ferda said...

Trish, I just set up a meet-and-greet for a new family doctor. I know it's out in Barrhaven but they are accepting patients you should give them a try. Let me know if you want the deets.

I'm so glad you tried those cookies! Weren't they divine? mmmm

 
At October 03, 2006 5:46 PM, Blogger Matt said...

I agree with Ferda, try a place that is further from the downtown core, they will probably be less busy and easier to get an appointment.

(like Carp ;) )

 
At October 03, 2006 11:22 PM, Blogger Dish said...

Oh poor naive James...apparently you don't know about Ferda's secret agenda yet... ;o)

Ferda, those cookies are delicious! I didn't have any pecans, so these ones were nut free, but still oh so tasty. I am looking forward to trying them again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home