u The Main Dish: Palmer Was Right

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Palmer Was Right

Friday I get a call finally getting my referral from (insert preferred cursing here) Appletree to see some some internal medicine doctor. They told me at the time that it usually takes two weeks to get an appointment. This was at the end of July.

Anyway, I figure, what have I got to lose. So, I take time off work this morning, and off I go to a clinic on Preston. Now, I was under the impression that the referral was to a doctor who worked outside the Appletree circle. Imagine my dismay when I discover that 225 Preston is yet another Appletree clinic. Sigh.

I go in. Everything seems fine. I only wait a few minutes before I am taken into the exam room. I get weighed, measured, etc. and sit down to wait for the doctor. A little while later the receptionist comes back into the room.

"The doctor just called."

I can feel the rage beginning...

"He won't be in today. He has a family emergency."

I was like is this some kind of freaking joke?!!! Everytime I make an appointment there, never mind what clinic or what doctor, they always cancel it on me!!!

So back to Ryan...Yesterday he calls me to ask if I want to go to Jennie's going away lunch. I tell him that I can't because I am already going to be late getting into work because I have to go to a doctor's appointment. His comment: "As if. You know they are just going to cancel on you."

Hmmph.

1 Comments:

At September 27, 2006 11:55 AM, Blogger Palmer said...

I love the title of your post. It's a motto for life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home