u The Main Dish: Dear Dish on Philosophy

The Main Dish

Looking for the Spoon...

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Dear Dish on Philosophy

Dear Dish,

I like to contemplate philosophical ideas while on break at my work. Then I came across this French saying. I hear you occasionally translate things in your job. Can you please explain to me the social significance of the following statement and how I can apply it to my life? "Le rôle de l'artiste révolutionnaire est de rendre la réévolution irrésistible!"

Sincerely,

Oh, God, it's like University all over again.

Dear OGILUAOA

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but this obviously has everything to do with the pomegranate conspiracy. Run for you life!!! Every man for himself! Really, I suppose I should say "Every (wo)man for him/herself", which just goes to show that there is always time for feminism and political correctness even in the most dire of circumstances.

Dish

4 Comments:

At November 23, 2006 9:26 AM, Blogger Matt said...

a feminist would not have put the "wo" in brackets.

Or had him/herself

A feminist would have either put either herself/him or just herself.

You need to go back to feminist school?

 
At November 23, 2006 9:39 AM, Blogger Sister Merry Kerry said...

Dish, you're too philosophically deep. But I agree with your observation about the political correctness and feminism at all times.

 
At November 23, 2006 9:40 AM, Blogger Sister Merry Kerry said...

Whoa, Matt's got ya there.

 
At November 23, 2006 8:55 PM, Blogger Dish said...

I hang my head in shame. I have been away from the chick school far too long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home